Nearly seven months after imposing COVID-19 restrictions, last October 12th Panama resumed international flights in accordance with decree N° 1089 of September 23, 2020. This Decree established the requirements and sanitary measures that any national, resident or foreigner must comply in order to enter the national territory.
The requirements and sanitary measures that will be requested by the National Migration Service are the following:
- Passport with a minimum validity of three months.
- Flight ticket back to the country of origin or continuation of the trip.
- Tourist Visa authorized if needed.
- Economic solvency of a minimum of USD 500, or its equivalent in credit card, bank reference, work letter or travelers’ checks.
- In some cases, you will be asked for proof of payment from the hotel where you will be staying.
- If you are allowed to enter with a stamped Visa in your country, you must apply for the visa in the Panamanian consulate of your country and arrive in Panama with the Visa already stamped in your passport.
- Certificate of PCR or negative antigen test, within 48 hours prior to travelling to Panama. If you do not have a test, or the test was done more than 48 hours before traveling to Panama, you will be required to take a test at the airport at your expense (USD 50).
- If you test positive, you will be required to quarantine at a designated hotel, and after seven days you will be tested again. If you test negative you will be allowed to leave, otherwise, you must remain in quarantine for 14 days or until you test negative.
There are three laboratories strategically located and duly signposted for the attention of travelers, in the Central Area, ‘Muelle Norte’ and ‘Satélite B’ inside Terminal 1 of the Tocumen International Airport. The travelers will obtain the results in an approximate time between 20 to 30 minutes.
In total, 80 daily operations are expected to start at the Tocumen airport, according to what was reported by the manager of Tocumen Airport, Raffoul Arab.
The airlines that once again offered flights to Panama City are Spirit, United, Delta, Copa Airlines, KLM, Wingo and Avianca.
Panama is opening the opportunities to obtain permanent residency not only to Foreigner Investor but also to every Foreigner Professional who wants to stay, live and work in Bocas del Toro or elswhere in Panama